Sunday, May 6, 2012

Cinco de make you thinko

It is a rare and infrequent occasion, "drinking holiday" events coinciding...... Oh wait, Cinco de Mayo and Kentucky Derby? No. Not at all. Saturday. In May. That's it. It's spring and a Saturday. So that means shirts should get prepared to be custom designed. Holy eff. This sounds like just any other night doesn't it? Well it could very well have been, but something was missing. Something was afforded to me last weekend that is quite a rarity. In no way could I ever have the audacity to claim that my day today isn't filthmazing; however, last weekend took the babiar fondant cake. Move on, Megz. It's a day to celebrate your......er......others' Mexican heritage ok fine. I shall rock this sombrero. I will venture out to this block party and ensure the block is indeed hot. The block kept up its end of the deal. It was warm to quite warm. We rocked the coronas AND the finger mustaches. I guess the destination of this story is not the celebrations that occurred, but the lessons that were learned. Optimistically speaking, I hope were. Sometimes no matter where you try to interject yourself, and how persistent you are in your attempts to adjust and recreate your fate, some things are just destined to remain the same. The awe-same. If you were a bettin', man you'd have put all your chips on us ending up at cheap. You fucking win. You fucker. We venture off the beaten path in a feeble attempt to make known our insatiable thirst for change, for something to differentiate us from what you have always known we always had been. Is it even possible? I like to think so..... When I can prove myself wrong, that'll be the time when I can justify being so condescending to the rest of you. I'm afraid of change. Are you? I would have to assume so; however, my assumptions tend to be what get me in trouble. I had a great night. I always do when I am complacent in my situation. In no way is this intended to be negative. Simply insightful. This holiday was just another fantastic display of of my life's twists and turns. And turn right on the on ramp of interstate phenomenal it always has. Nothing is meant to last forever. So before this Eden in which you live, allows someone to take a big old bite of the proverbial apple, alter the ending. Choose your own adventure. Make it the best ending you possibly can. Disney this life isn't, but luckily for me I live within driving distance from that world. Come see me. It'll be great. Mickey is here, but more importantly so are the non-fictional characters whom have oiled the gears to make my world go 'round so efficiently. Thanks, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment